Wednesday, October 28, 2009

YULETIDE CHEER: yarn wreaths

Seeing store aisles lined with Christmas decorations in October make me cringe, so believe me when I say I thought long and hard about making a Yuletide Cheer post before Halloween. I tried to stop myself, but this Antartica Yarn Wreath was practically begging me to share it! Want to know all the reasons I love it? Sure you do!

1. Unusual color palette - not a smidgen of red or green!
2. It isn't holiday specific, so you can hang it on your door until the snow melts.
3. It isn't cute. Eeeeew.

But what I love most about this wreath, and others by Knock Knocking, is that it strikes the perfect balance between kitsch, homey arts and crafts projects and 60's mod. Cool, fun and cozy all at the same time. What's not to love?

No comments: