Sunday, November 16, 2008

PERSONALLY: sushi

We have a really nice family owned grocery store in our town. It is called LaBonne's and they have great store made products as well as the most polite and helpful teenage staff I've ever come across. They also have a post office in their store; it is the only post office open during hours I am able to go. Since I frequently have to ship stationery orders we visit LaBonne's alot. On one of our trips last week I offered sushi to my 3 year old son for dinner (LaBonne's also has a fresh sushi bar). Being the adventurous little guy that he is, he excitedly agreed and we picked out tray of california rolls to take home with us. I think that california rolls might not actually qualify as sushi since there isn't any raw fish in them - just veggies and cooked crab - but I figured he ought to start with something easy.
Both the boys LOVED their sushi dinner! My 3 year old was thrilled at the opportunity to use chopsticks and my one year old was (as always) thrilled to be eating. He inhaled 3 california rolls faster than I could eat them!
Speaking of cute kids, keep those contest submissions coming! I am so excited every time I find a new entry in my email inbox. All entries are due by this Friday!

6 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

you know, i should try california rolls. haven't had 'em. and we even have a sushi kit. :smack:

Deputys Wife and Mommy To 3 said...

yummmm... California Rolls are my fav.. your boys are too cute with the chopsticks...:)

Jess said...

i was eating veggie rolls over the summer and asked the boys if they wanted some... you would have thought i asked them to jump into a vat of boiling oil. i am happy your kids are more willing!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!! Matt and I will have to take them for sushi. How fun!! I love it!!

Julie said...

california rolls count as sushi! my kids love them!

Jasmine said...

Man are they adorable!