Monday, August 24, 2009

ARTIST I LIKE: petrizzo photography







I'm so pleased to share Nancy Petrizzo of Petrizzo Photography with you! Nancy is a family photographer in Buffalo, NY, specializing in on-location maternity, baby, child and family portraiture. Now, you can certainly look through her portfolio and see for yourself why she was named Nickelodeon's Parents Connect Top Family Photographer in Buffalo, but allow me a moment to tell you why I think Ms. Petrizzo rocks.

  • She makes her subjects feel comfortable. You can just tell by looking at the pictures. I've been through her entire portfolio more than once, and none of the photographs have that stiff, forced Sears Portrait Studio look. In a good portrait the subject looks happy and comfortable and relaxed - Nancy does that.
  • She has a knack for capturing moments. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get a picture of a newborn smiling?!? It is pretty much impossible, yet she does it in a beautifully framed, well lit portrait. Which brings me to my next point...
  • Lighting and color in her photography is perfect. Really. She makes it look so easy and natural, but in reality it is crazy hard to make photographs look that good.

Word on the street is that Nancy will be available for Trash the Dress sessions soon! I will be anxiously awaiting her entrance into the world of wedding photography!

No comments: